Monday, March 19, 2012

Kon Felty

Now that there's less than a month left since my test, I've been having some serious stress. The kind that makes my heart race with anxiety about every thirty minutes with the feeling of impending doom. *Sigh*  Last week alone I tried to shampoo my hair with body wash and wore my shirt backwards to work all day without noticing.  I'm sure it will only get worse from here on out!

Anyway, after spending three hours doing part of a practice test I decided to give myself a break and broke out the giant sack o' felt.  I wanted to make something cute, pronto!

How about Kon, the stuffed lion from Bleach?
His personality isn't as adorable as his looks, such a deceiving little guy.  I thought he'd make a nice coaster.
Using black thread is a little dramatic, but I think it was a good choice for this guy.
Someday I'll have to continue watching Bleach.  It was one of the few shonen anime I didn't mind due to the nice drawings (Ichigo, yum).  A few years ago we got pretty far along in the anime when Friend E (who was ahead of us) told me that Rukia got her head cut off and died.  I stopped watching then because that sounded horrible, though he was totally lying. I am gullible.

For the coaster I used some fun stitches on my sewing machine.  I think this pattern by itself would make a pretty coaster, actually!

And procrastination, complete!
He's angry because someone keeps putting things on top of his face.
Hehe.

Anyway, if anyone would like to guest post from now until April 13th, please send me an email with your post! (pengawenga{at}gmail).  The topic could be about anything really - your favorite toy, the nerdiest thing you've ever done, something weird you saw on the street the other day, whatever! Reposts are fine too. Just as long as it's not depressing or stress-inducing. >.>"

9 comments:

  1. What a cute coaster! Hang in there with everything - you will do great and soon enough, it will all be over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! i think it's pretty hilarious that your friend made up the storyline about the beheading.

    good luck on studying! you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!! And I love the coaster! I'd be mad, too, if people kept putting stuff on my face. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute coaster! You could really start an etsy shop, you know... ;)

    If you can think of anything for me to write, I'd love to help out! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gator! Whatever you want to write about! Maybe something interesting from your travels? Or something florida related! :)

      Delete
  5. LOL it's fantastic but kinda sad things get put RIGHT. ON. HIS. FACE. :oP

    LOVE the fun stitches on your machine! That can definitely be a coaster on it's own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute coaster. Isn't crafting a great way to destress?

    Also, I think you said you're taking the PE exam? My husband is taking the pre-req test for the PE next month, since our college didn't seem to think it was important to tell you to take it back then. He'll be taking the Mechanical PE next go around. I'm sure you'll do awesome, and it will be so worth it to have your PE! My hub's company just wishes they could hire a PE, and not have to worry about taking the test themselves, but it sounds like PEs are in high demand and there aren't that many around. Lots of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to your husband too! Those 8 hour tests are so grueling! Its unfortunate they didn't have him take it while in college, its so much easier then. But on the upside, after the FE the PE should be easier for him!

      Delete

Your thoughts - go!