Monday, March 9, 2015

Gender Reveal

Although we had planned to find out baby potsticker's gender, I was surprised how much of an impact the news actually had on me.  Being able to use a pronoun other than "it" really makes the whole thing seem a lot more real.  There's a human in there, not some alien lifeform! Or so we continue to hope. Haha.

Anyway, if you look up gender reveal ideas on the internet, there's only a million billion things that one could do.  I had to try a couple, cause how often does one get to do such things?  :P 

First, for Sak's overseas family, I made some reveal cards. What's your guess?

The sticker is peel-able!  Here's what they look like Daiso.

Did you guess? Here's the peeled card!

Haha! You had a 50/50 chance more or less. :)

I didn't really have a preference either way, but I was very excited just to know! Now we can begin seriously thinking of names. So difficult :P

Anyway, for my family I also made some gender cupcakes! (Mostly because I wanted to eat cake at the time =_=)
They were having a 40% all bakeware sale at Michaels, so I loaded up on food coloring and a tool claiming to make two toned cupcakes.
I made a batch of vanilla bean cake mix from trader joes, and dyed a section of it blue with food coloring gel.

I used bags to "pipe" the mixture into the foil cupcake liners.
Not too bad?
But after baking the whole thing mixed together. Fail!!
Well. whatever.  Maybe my cake batter was too runny or something?  Luckily I used foil wrappers.  Topping the cupcake with a good layer of buttercream icing should hide the blue (more of a green now?). 
And now, the fun part! Food coloring spray paint!  I don't bake often, so this was something completely new to me.

Yummy and pretty!

Anyway, as surreal as it sounds, we'll be having a son.  I wonder if he will be nerdy like us.  If he'll be into sports and the outdoors like his grandfathers and uncles.  If he'll love bargain hunting and photography like his paw paw.  If he'll like puzzles and be good at finances like his baachan.  Or if he'll be very theatrical like his aunt! 

Though most probably he'll be completely his own person, and introduce us all to new things. That should be exciting!

11 comments:

  1. You guys are amaaaaazing. Love the peel-off sticker (I thought it was a scratcher at first) and the cupcakes!

    I have been prepping for my commissioned project!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yaay! alvina art!

      scratchers would have been way cooler than a peel off sticker :P

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh congrats you two!!
    very cute ideals on how to announce the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was a scratch off at first also. The cupcakes were an awesome idea, especially with two toned icing. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the reveals. We are contemplating what to do this time around - might borrow an idea or two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!!! How exciting -- I remember that's about when I stopped calling Evie "it" and started calling her "she" (when I remembered). =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I was about to check out some of your DIY projects for this summer and wow, congratulations! Love your pokemon edits and again, congrats on your baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts - go!